Saturday, November 9, 2013

The joys of ordering online

So I was searching different websites online to try and find the best deal on certain products that are hard to find.  I also wanted to find better prices on things I buy in bulk at the store, as many websites offer the same brands at lower prices than my local co-op.  I stumbled across a website: www.vitacost.com and I feel like I hit the jackpot of health stores online!  I really thought I was getting the best deal from amazon, but after lots of searching, I found the brands I like and the things I needed for much cheaper on vitacost.  I placed my first order, which I received today, and I have a second order of things coming in next week.  I spent about half of what I would have if I would've purchased these items at my local co-op.  Check out my loot:




- 1 bag Made in Nature brand tree ripened dried plums (unsulfured)
- 2 bags Made in Nature brand tree ripened dried apricots (unsulfured)
- 1 12oz bag of Best of All brand organic raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 10oz bags Sunspire brand Vegan Carob Chips
- 1 16oz bag of Frontier Co-op Fair Trade Organic Cacao Nibs (these were such a great price!!)
- 1 bag Bob's Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten (I did not add it in this picture because it leaked a bit inside the     ziplock bag in came in and didn't want to risk it spilling)  I cannot find this at any of my local stores.  I paid about $6.00 less for it than amazon was selling it for, which made the deal even sweeter.


I decided to get both cacao nibs and carob chips to experiment different recipes with because I know they are both great milk chocolate substitutes and both healthier options (as long as no one eats the entire bag, of course).  I also purchased a bottle of multi vitamins (180 count) for $10.00.  6 months of vitamins for $10.00?  Yes please!  They are Nature Made brand, which is the brand I currently take, but paid almost twice the price for less vitamins at my local store.  All in all, saved some cash and have necessary ingredients for snacks. :)



On a side note, I worked out a little too hard over the past few days.  I started weight training the other day, and yesterday I was only "a little sore" so I decided to do cardio, but it involved my "only a little sore" arms.  I can barely raise my arms today and am definitely paying for it..I am in a lot of pain , but with the help of my trusty Tiger Balm and Ibuprofen, I'm making it through the day.  I'm letting myself rest today, even though I actually want to go to the gym.  Boo for strained muscles.  Yay for the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment